Monday, March 2, 2009

Love

A couple songs keep running through my head...I think I ought to share them:

Love Hurts
Love hurts, love scars
Love wounds and mars
In any heart not tough
Nor strong enough
To take a lot of pain
To take a lot of pain
And love is like a cloud
Holds a lot of rain
Love hurts

I'm young and I know
But even so, I know a thing or two
I have learned from you
I've really learned a lot
I've really learned a lot
And love is like a stove
Burns you when it's hot
Love hurts

Some fools rave of happiness
Of blissfulness, togetherness
Some fools fool themselves, I guess
But they're not fooling me
I know it isn't true
I know it isn't true
Love is just a lie
Made to make you blue
Love hurts


He Gave Me Love
When I was down, they wouldn't stay
When I was hurt, they turned away
But Jesus called me and I must obey
He gave me love

You see, His friends all let Him down
And when He healed everyone around
All He got was a thorny crown
Because of love

Because of love for you
Because of life and truth
Because of love for you
Come take his love

Sometimes they laugh and are unkind
And others smile and say I've lost my mind
But all I know is what I find
And I find He gave me love

He gives me love for you
He gives me life and truth



The first song is written from the perspective of someone who knows "love", but does not truly know Love Himself (nor understands that there is anything more than "love"). The second song is written by one who knows not just what love is like, but Jesus Christ, who IS love.

Oh, that we would not just know about Love, but that we would abide in Love -- dead to ourselves, and living in, through, and of HIM -- for love is the fulfillment of the law. Oh, I wanna show them You're so real...fill my heart with Your love. We're Your hands and your feet, Lord -- help me win them with Your love.