Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Resolution: August 13, 2008

While contemplating my life direction recently, I thought about some of the things that I do and how they are related to God's service. There are a lot of things that we do while hardly taking any thought as to whether they are really something we should be doing: for example, how often do we sit down to watch a movie at the end of the day while neglecting to take the time to do more in-depth study of God's Word, or simply starting a conversation with Him?

All this to say that I believe it's really wrong to live parts of our life without taking thought to the effect of those activities on the state of our relationship to God. I also think I need to do something about it...so to start anyway, I resolve:

To quit doing any and every activity that does not work godliness. If it be what I watch (movies, videogames), what I read (novels, websites, other books), what I say (online discussion, face-to-face conversation), what I do (games, work, leisure activities), what I spend money on (food, gifts, projects, music), what I choose to listen to (music, speeches, comedian monologues), or people I associate with (classmates, acquaintances, friends).

So, my first action under this resolution is to ask you all -- what have my actions on Facebook been?

Have they been entertaining?

Or have they provoked you to godliness?

Or have they been pointless?

Or have they been informational?

Or...


I'd seriously appreciate your thoughts.

No comments: